Full course description
- This course is for all DCSD staff with the purpose of understanding the symptoms of an opioid overdose and now to administer Narcan.
- Type of Course: Self Paced
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Mary Schmitt
- Credit(s) and Type: 0.5 Hour Staff Development
- Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified or Classified
- Start date of course content: July 1, 2022
- End date of course content: June 30, 2023
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Learn the signs and symptoms of opioid drug overdose
- Learn the skills to administer naloxone
- Review the use of naloxone protocol in responding to a opioid drug overdose