Full course description
- For all teachers new to kindergarten, although not new to DCSD. This course reviews the purpose of Colorado School Readiness Initiatives and TS GOLD Kindergarten Entry Assessment.
- Application of knowledge of TS GOLD KEA- Interrater reliability and leveling using Body of Evidence
- Understand the TS GOLD Kindergarten Entry assessment indicators and how to use a body of evidence to place students on the learning progression for readiness reporting
- Analyze the indicators and connect to Kindergarten learning experiences
- Plan for instruction and assessment using TS GOLD
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Deborah Baumann
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Compliance
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
Date, Time & Location
- Please attend one of the following sessions:
- August 3, 2022 (9:00 - 11:00AM)
- August 4, 2022 (1:30 - 3:30PM)
- August 5, 2022 (11:00AM - 1:00PM)
- Google Meet
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Gives teachers and schools and opportunity to learn and share with parents each child’s strengths and needs in both academic and non-academic domains as they enter Kindergarten and as they progress through the school year.
- There is not an expectation that students come in ready with every area and skill. Rather, this is a way to ensure schools know the range of needs and have a plan to address them.
- Supports the planning a yearlong transition plan and developmentally appropriate learning environment for the Kindergarten year, which sets the foundation for the rest of a child’s educational journey.
- While the formal state data collection only occurs once each fall, this process and tools is designed to be a formative practice that informs planning and instruction.