August 2, 2021 - July 31, 2022 Supporting Students with Your Formative Assessment Practice
Ended Jul 31, 2022
Full course description
This course is designed to give participants an opportunity to consider the formative strategies established by Jan Chappuis that were created to help students answer the questions, “Where am I Going?” “Where am I now?” and “How do I close the gap?” The seven strategies outlined by Chappuis will be used as a framework that will allow educators to consider each of the strategies, their relevance to the classroom, and how to integrate them into the classroom to enhance learning.
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
- Self-reflect on their formative assessment practice.
- Familiarize themselves with the formative assessment practice framework.
- Explore strategies and practices aligned with the formative assessment practice framework.
- Engage in online discussions about formative assessment practice.
Timeframe and Need to Knows
This course is designed to be completed in approximately 90 minutes. The course can be further broken down by using the sections as stopping points in the learning.
Participants could complete this course synchronously or asynchronously depending on participants and/or school needs.