Full course description
Preparing to Teach i-Ready Classroom Mathematics equips teachers to launch a successful implementation. As educators experience i-Ready Classroom Mathematics instruction through video and discussion, they begin to make connections between the program, the Standards for Mathematical Practice, and the NCTM Effective Mathematics Teaching Practices. Educators put their hands on print and essential digital components to learn about the program and prepare for the first few weeks of instruction. This preparation focuses on creating a discourse-rich classroom that supports students’ mathematical reasoning and conceptual understanding through each day of instruction to work toward mathematical goals. Educators also learn how to administer the Diagnostic for reliable student data and why that unlocks the power of the Diagnostic to drive differentiated instruction.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Nate Burgard
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: August 5, 2021
- Time: TBD
- Zoom Meet Link: Coming soon!
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Teach Lesson 0 to establish a classroom where students make meaning of mathematics through purposeful conversation
- Use the Teacher’s Guide to plan and implement i-Ready Classroom Mathematics instruction
- Motivate and prepare students to do their best on the Diagnostic