Full course description
- In Using Reflective Practice to Enhance Instruction, educators analyze and discuss actions and beliefs that are key to teaching and learning mathematics with understanding, and use them to reflect on features of their own i-Ready Classroom Mathematics instruction. They follow the journey of RCL teachers who encountered struggles as they worked to refine their instructional practice, but made great progress because of their willingness to try and each small win that followed. Through work with video and vignettes, educators gain insights into new ways of seeing and interpreting instructional interactions, and leave with plans to move their own instruction forward.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Nate Burgard
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: August 5, 2021
- Time: 1:00 - 3:00 PM
- Zoom Meet Link: Coming soon!
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Describe productive actions and beliefs about teaching and learning math and how they come to life in i-Ready Classroom Mathematics
- Critically reflect on their practice and characterize strengths to build on and shifts they might want to make
- Identify steps to take and tools to use to enhance instruction