November 1 - 20, 2021 Supporting Challenging Behaviors in the Early Grades is a Course
November 1 - 20, 2021 Supporting Challenging Behaviors in the Early Grades
Ended Nov 20, 2021
Full course description
- Intended Audience - anyone working with students in early grades Participants will learn about a tiered approach to supporting challenging behaviors in the early grades. This course will include resources and strategies to support challenging behaviors through relationships, student readiness, and partnerships with parents and school staff. Trauma responsive practices will be at the heart of this conversation as we discuss classroom environments, structures and processes that support students with challenging behaviors.
- Type of Course: Online, Self Paced
- Lead Learners (Facilitators): Ellen Kerkhoff | Renee VanHorn | Kristin Bjork | Amanda Ratcliff | Jennifer Tilley | Catherine Leathers | Kaylene Case
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure
- Admin Pro-tech
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified and Classified
- Start date of course content: November 1, 2021
- End date of course content: November 20, 2021
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Learning goals for this course include better understanding challenging behavior for students in the early grades and strategies to address such challenges effectively through-out the the MTSS Tiers.
- Topics such as building relationships, setting up environment, play, discipline, functions of behavior, data collection, and how to find further support are covered with trauma responsive, restorative, and appropriate cultural diversity/equity practices in mind.