Full course description
- This is a book study on Conquering Dyslexia by Dr. Jan Hasbrouck. Participants will have the opportunity to read the content and then engage in discussions with peers during our virtual meeting time. We will discuss how the content can impact our instructional practices. The class will culminate with each participant bringing a case study to discuss in a small group and/or by creating a presentation for colleagues. Each participant will also complete a Reflection of Learning.
In this course, you will have reading and video assignments to complete on your own (asynchronous) and then we will meet together virtually discuss the assignments (synchronous). The time you spend out of class completing assignments is counted toward your total re-licensure hours.
We will discuss how the content can impact our instructional practices. The class will culminate with each participant bringing a case study to discuss in a small group and/or by creating a presentation for colleagues. Each participant will also complete a Reflection of Learning.
- Type of Course: Blended
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Tiffany Regan
- Credit(s) and Type: 12hrs | Relicensure
- Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
- Start date of course content: September 1, 2021
- End date of course content: October 1, 2021
- Meeting Schedule:
Wednesday, September 1st 4:30-5:30
Wednesday, September 8th, 4:30-5:30
Wednesday, September 15th, 4:30-5:30
Wednesday, September 22nd, 4:30-5:50
Wednesday, September 29th, There is no meeting, however, you can use the link to meet with other participants to discuss your final project (optional).
Wednesday, October 6th, 4:30-5:30 Final Project is due
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- TLW learn instructional approaches that work best for children with a dyslexia profile
- TLW understand how to identify dyslexia
- TLW understand how to support English learners
- TLW understand the importance of early identification and intervention