Full course description
- This course will introduce staff to expectations and requirements for in-house (DCSD staff) interpreters. Successful completers will be added to the DCSD Approved Interpreter list.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Remy Rummel
- Credit(s) and Type: Relicensure, Professional Development
- Estimated Hours for Completion: 4
Requirements: To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Complete all modules, including reading all material.
- Score a 100% on the final quiz.
- Submit a certificate of evidence that includes your passing score on an interpretation assessment from an outside testing agency. Any fees associated with the assessment are the employee's responsibility unless otherwise notified.
- Complete the summative survey.
- Bilingual Classified or Certified Staff
- Required: Bilingual, evidence of bilingualism, and ability to interpret from English to a target language.
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified or Classified
- Charter staff may interpret for Charter schools only.
- Beginning of course: 10.30.2020
- End of Course: 5.30.2021
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Understand the Colorado Department of Education Expectations
- Understand legal and ethical obligations of interpreting for families with limited English proficiency
- Qualify to be added to the DCSD Approved Interpreter list
*Approved interpreters must be employed by the DCSD at the time of interpretation.