Full course description
- This cohort is for any staff member in DCSD who wants to bring health and wellness initiatives into the school buildings/programs they serve. Participants will experience creating and implementing a SMART goal plan for their building, for the 2020/21 school year. The focus can be around increasing physical activity, establishing social-emotional learning, mindfulness, student-led health teams, kindness, American Heart Association Heart Challenge, and staff resilience.
- Lead Learners (Facilitators): Lauren LaComb & Kimmy Romine
- Credit(s) and Type: 15 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Beginning of course: Plan to attend one of these three Healthy Schools Kickoff Meetings. If you have a scheduling conflict reach out to Laurie LaComb at email@example.com (NOTE: THESE ARE THE CORRECT, UPDATED TIMES)
Tuesday, September 15th, 4:00 -5:00 pm Google Meet Link 9/15 (Links to an external site.)
Wednesday, September 16th, 4:15 - 5:15 pm Google Meet Link 9/16 (Links to an external site.)
Thursday, September 17th, 4:00 - 5:00 pm Google Meet Link 9/17 (Links to an external site.)
- End of Course: 5.16.2021
- 3 Hours Face-to-Face meeting, 12 Hours Independent Work
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- The ability to create and implement a School Health Improvement Plan that has a positive impact on the culture of a building.
- Deeper knowledge about the Whole School, Community, Child model.
- Develop working relationships with colleagues around the district who are working on similar objectives.