Full course description
- An in depth training for the use of Second Step and how classroom teachers can effectively access, utilize, and implement the material with their class to teach this social emotional curriculum. Looking at the themes that Second Step provides they will gain a better understanding of how this material can be very beneficial for our students’ social emotional development and how it can effect change within our school’s emotional climate as well. Teacher will also learn how to access their Second Step Dashboard online in order to utilize the materials that are provided, and how to use the lesson cards provided in their Second Step grade level curriculum boxes to aid in the consistent implementation of the program across grade levels.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Cynthia Redfern
- Credit(s) and Type: 3 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Admin Pro-tech
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Charter Certified Staff
- Charter Classified Staff
- DCSD Certified Substitute
- DCSD Student Teacher
Date, Time & Location
- Date: 8.31.2020 through 11.30.2020
- Self Paced
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Teachers will take away a firm understanding of the importance of social emotional education, and how to access, utilize, and implement the Second Step curriculum with fidelity. This will lead to consistency and effectiveness for the social emotional education of our students and will likely increase the emotional climate of our entire school.