Full course description
Self-care is giving the world the best of you instead of what is left of you.” ~ Katie Reed.
This class will help educators understand the importance of prioritizing self-care both inside the classroom and out. We will utilize the MSCS (Mindful Self-Care Scale) to identify areas of strength and weakness in mindful self-care behavior as well as explore practices to improve self-care. Participants will create a self-care plan to maintain and promote well-being, including physical, mental, and emotional wellness strategies. Members of the class will also be given an opportunity to “check-in” with others for accountability, and to revise and edit their self-care plans. This class will have five, 1-hour long virtual face-to-face meetings September through March.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Kimmy Romine and Gina Mead
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Admin Pro-tech
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- DCSD Student Teacher
- Beginning of course: 9.24.2020
- End of Course: 3.4.2021
- 8 hours;
- 5 virtual in-person meetings (9/24; 10/22; 11/19; 1/21; 3/4)
- 3 hours (approximately) of independent work
Links to virtual in-person meetings:
- September 24, 2020, 4:30 - 5:30 pm
- October 22, 2020 4:30 - 5:30 pm
- November 19, 2020 4:30 - 5:30 pm
- January 19, 2021 4:30 - 5:30 pm
- March 4, 2021 4:30 - 5:30 pm
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Understand the importance of self-care as an educator
- Develop and implement a self-care plan