Full course description
- This course will prepare a school CRT or staff member to support technology within a school.
- This course is intended to be completed over the first few weeks of being in the CRT role using the tasks performed in your day to day duties as evidence of mastery.
- There are 8 modules to work through. Some of them may require for you to pause while you interact with the I.T. Department.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CRT position.
- Be able to utilize the DCSD IT support resources to provide solutions for your staff.
- CRT Website
- Google Currents Community
- Feeder Tech & ITSC (Helpdesk)
- Be able to correctly submit, escalate, and manage support requests via the DCSD Helpdesk system.
- Familiarize yourself with the Educational Technology tools used by your staff.
- Classroom Hardware (Projectors, Doc Cams, Interactive Boards, Robotics & STEM Devices)
- Classroom Software (Assessment Platforms, LMS Platforms, Instructional/Curricular Software)
- Familiarize yourself with the Device Management tools used by DCSD.
- Develop an equipment management plan.
- Inventory Management
- Device Refresh Plan (STIP)
- Obsolete Equipment Recycling
- Piloting of new technologies (Pilot Proposal Doc)
- 3rd party vendor repairs (Doc cams, robotics, 3d printer, projectors, etc)