Full course description
This course is for any DCSD staff member who is interested in learning how to use WORLD BOOK ONLINE databases both as a student research tool and for developing lessons and activities.
- Type of Course: Online, Self-Paced
- Lead Learners (Facilitators): Tracie King | Jennifer Gaffney
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Admin Pro-Tech
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified and Classified
- Start date of course content: February 18, 2022
- End date of course content: June 30, 2022
- Self paced in Canvas
- Additional training resources/materials available from World Book Online
- Optional virtual meeting dates: Please contact the DLMC at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to set up a time to meet for more information and help using World Book Online.
After this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the target audiences and different features of each World Book resource in order to select the proper tools for their students.
- Utilize the different features in World Book to guide inquiry and create interactive learning activities.