Full course description
- Course 1 of 3
- In this course, Child Find and preschool staff (classroom teachers, support staff, and related service providers) will increase their understanding of how Assistive Technology is incorporated and considered within the early childhood environment for students with IEPs. This training will center around student needs and available tools to support developmental growth and independence within the preschool curriculum. Participants will gain a framework for the who, why, when, and what of Assistive Technology consideration and implementation. Participants will learn about early communicative intent and how it is a foundation for communication and learning. As well as to gain a better understanding of when and how to use visual supports in the preschool environment.
- Type of Course: Self Paced
- Lead Learner (s): Juli Frank, Becky Anderson, Sara Rode
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 hours
- A certificate of learning will also be provided in Canvas Catalog when completed.
- Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified or Classified
- Start date of course content: September 15, 2021
- End date of course content: March 15, 2021
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Gain an understanding of the Assistive Technology consideration process for students on an IEP or 504 plan
- Define early communication intent: foundations for communication and learning
- Determine when and how to use visual supports in the preschool environment.