Full course description
Description of the course
- This course is for new and non-licensed (those without a valid Colorado principal's license) evaluators in DCSD. Attendees who complete the course will attain certification necessary for evaluating licensed teachers and specialized service providers. It is appropriate for new assistant principals and deans who evaluate staff.
This is a Blended Course. Please make time to complete the Independent Exploration in Modules 2, 3 and 4 prior to the Face to Face portion of this course. Completion of this course will earn 10 hours of relicensure credit.
- Independent Exploration (6.5 hours): Prior to Face to Face, independently explore evaluation resources to build background knowledge
- Face to Face (3.5 hours): Collaborate and discuss evaluation practices in DCSD with other attendees
- End of Course: Complete the course evaluation and attain certification to evaluate licensed teachers and specialized service providers in DCSD
- Participants currently have the choice between 9/22/2020 from 9:00am - 12:30pm or 9/29/2020 from 9:00am - 12:30pm. Two additional times may be added in the evening.
- Google Meet link
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Outcome 1: Attain certification as a DCSD approved evaluator
- Outcome 2: Understand SB 10-191 and measures of student learning (MSLs - called CITE 6 in DCSD); understand the impact and implications for educator evaluation
- Outcome 3: Understand DCSD's CITE evaluation process and tools
- Outcome 4: Explore best practices in evaluation; understand the role of inter-rater reliability in the evaluation process
- Outcome 5: Become familiar with using InspirED as a tool for collecting evaluation evidence and providing quality feedback to educators