Full course description
- Participants will learn about a tiered approach to supporting challenging behaviors in the early grades. This course will include resources and strategies to support challenging behaviors through relationships, student readiness, and partnerships with parents and school staff. Trauma responsive practices will be at the heart of this conversation as we discuss classroom environments, structures and processes that support students with challenging behaviors.
- Lead Learners (Facilitators): Ellen Kerkhoff | Renee VanHorn | Kristin Bjork | Amanda Ratcliff | Jennifer Tilley | Catherine Leathers | Kaylene Case
- Credit(s) and Type: 2 Hours Relicensure
- Intended Audience - anyone working with students in early grades
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
Date, Time & Location
- Dates: August 10, 2021 OR August 11, 2021 (Choose one date to attend)
- Time: 1:00 - 3:00 PM
- Google Meet link: Please enroll for details
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Learning goals for this course include better understanding challenging behavior for students in the early grades and strategies to address such challenges effectively through-out the the MTSS Tiers.
- Topics such as building relationships, setting up environment, play, discipline, functions of behavior, data collection, and how to find further support are covered with trauma responsive, restorative, and appropriate cultural diversity/equity practices in mind.