(March 1- May 1, 2021) Culturally Responsive Classrooms 5.10A, 5.10B, 5.11B
Ended May 3, 2021
Spots remaining: 0
Enrollment is closed
Add yourself to the wait list and you'll be auto enrolled when a spot opens
Full course description
What is "culturally responsive instruction"? How will "culturally responsive instruction" positively impact English Learners? What, specifically, does it look like in the classroom, and how should it be embedded in instruction in every lesson every day? How does "culturally responsive instruction" align with Tier 1 (Universal Instruction) of MTSS?
Teachers will explore the concept of culturally responsive instruction, plan for implementation of rigorous instruction in culturally responsive environments, and share resources and ideas for building capacity for creating culturally responsive environments at the building level.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Becky Corr
- Credit(s) and Type: ELD Relicensure Credit 5 Hours
- Certified employees
- Charter school employees may take the course free of charge
- Beginning of course: 3.1.2021
- End of Course: 5.1.2021
- Online Only
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course):
- Participants will be able to describe the connection between culture and learning.
- Participants will be able to collaborate to plan a lesson that is culturally responsive.