(May 17-June 15) Strategies for Teaching Academic Language to Multilingual Learners 5.10A is a Course
(May 17-June 15) Strategies for Teaching Academic Language to Multilingual Learners 5.10A
Ended Jun 17, 2021
Spots remaining: 0
Enrollment is closed
Add yourself to the wait list and you'll be auto enrolled when a spot opens
Full course description
- Participants will understand the features of academic language and analyze a grade-level text for linguistic complexity. Participants will use this data to select strategies that will provide equitable access to complex text while maintaining the rigor that multilingual learners need.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Becky Corr
- Credit(s) and Type: 5 Hours English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Staff
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
Date, Time & Location
- 5/17/2021 - 6/15/2021
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will identify specific strategies for teaching academic language to all learners, including multilingual learners.
- Participants will be able to describe ways to build students' disciplinary literacy.