Full course description
Participants will build a deeper understanding of our culturally and linguistically diverse students in DCSD and will practice skills to become more fluent in discussions about race so they are better prepared to support diverse students. Utilizing the Speak Up At School guide from Teaching Tolerance, participants will develop and refine their skills for responding to biased language and/ or stereotypes. Participants will begin or continue their personal journey to deepen their understanding of and fluency in discussions of race, equity, and diversity.
- Lead Learners (Facilitators): Becky Corr, Leslie Kalmon, Michelle Bryan, Nichole Flores
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development
- Certified Staff
- Charter Certified Staff
Date, Time & Location
- Date: 3.1.2021
- Date: 3.23.2021
- Google Meet link: please enroll for details
- be able to describe what English Language Development looks like in DCSD
- be able to describe how a strengths-based approach creates an optimal learning environment for students.
- gain strategies for creating a safe and supportive environment for culturally and linguistically diverse students
- build skills and strategies for responding to biased language and/ or stereotypes