Full course description
- WIDA CLIMBS is a training focusing on supporting English Learners in the educational setting. Topics / days include: 1) culture, language, and learning; 2) academic language; 3) academic language development in classroom contexts; and 4) learning and scaffolding strategies. To earn credit, attendance at synchronous sessions is required.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Becky Corr
- Credit(s) and Type: 24 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Staff
- Charter Certified Staff
- Beginning of course: 11.10.2020
- End of Course: 4.12.2021
- If blended - Face to Face Meetings (Virtual Webinars or In-Person):
|Face-To-Face Meeting Date||Google Meet link|
|November 10, 2020||Meet link coming soon!|
|December 8, 2020||Meet link coming soon!|
|January 11, 2021||Meet link coming soon!|
|February 9, 2021||Meet link coming soon!|
|February 23, 2021||Meet link coming soon!|
|March 1, 2021||Meet link coming soon!|
|March 29, 2021||Meet link coming soon!|
|April 12, 2021 (conclusion)||Meet link coming soon!|
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Participants will be able to describe the connection between culture and language and how that impacts instructional choices.
- Participants will be able to plan lessons that develop students' academic language.
- Participants will be able to analyze the language of an academic text to identify where differentiation is necessary.
- Participants will be able to select strategies that extend and support multilingual learners' content knowledge and language skills.