Full course description
- In this age of high academic standards and rigorous assessment, knowing the social and emotional needs of our children seems like a luxury; however, as an effective teacher or counselor, you know that addressing the social-emotional needs of students is critical for high student achievement. We invite you to recognize the affective needs of gifted students, to understand the components of a supportive classroom environment as well as the impact of appropriate intervention, and to be able to respond to specific social/emotional and educational needs of gifted students in a classroom environment.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Michelle Lewis
- Credit(s) and Type: 21.5 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Start date of course content: March 1, 2024
- End date of course content: May 1, 2024
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Identify the social-emotional needs of gifted students.
- Define strategies for addressing the social-emotional needs of gifted students.
- Define skills to respond appropriately to the needs of social-emotional students.
- Identify specific social and emotional needs of gifted students.
- Identify specific social and emotional needs of gifted students in a classroom environment.