Full course description
- In this course, you will be introduced to specific information, research, strategies, and models for developing and/or enhancing creativity in students. We will seek to answer the following question:
- How do teachers design instruction for gifted students that provide opportunities to develop their creativity?
- Course Facilitator: Michelle Oslick
- Credit(s) and Type: 9 Hours Relicensure
- This course is designed for teachers, gifted education facilitators, administrators, and any educator who wishes to better understand how to meet the needs of gifted learners.
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Teachers = Yes
- Start date of course content: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022
- In person session - 1 hour
- End date of course content: Tuesday, March 22, 2022
- In person session - 2 hours
This course is blended with an initial in person session (1 hour), self paced content that is to be completed between the first and second in person session (approximately 6 hours), and a final in person session (2 hours).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the characteristics of creative people.
- Nurture creativity in the classroom through activities and final products/projects.
- Provide students with opportunities to create projects/and or products in order to demonstrate creativity at an advanced level.