Full course description
- This workshop will give teachers information that will help them give students the opportunity to develop a passion for mathematics. All three parts of the workshop stress rigor, depth, critical thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving. The workshop will stress real-life math investigations that show students how important math is in the real world. This training is designed for Douglas County teachers, gifted education facilitators, and support staff with a focus on 3rd through 6th grade.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Misty Burkhart
- Credit(s) and Type: 6 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: February 1, 2023
- Time: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Location: DCSD Legacy Campus | 10035 S Peoria St, Lone Tree, 80134
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will learn about using Zaccaro math to help students think deeper and outside of the box. They will walk away with new strategies to use with their students to challenge them at their level.