Full course description
- This course provides fundamental information, statute and guidance regarding gifted identification, planning, and services. We will review the ECEA law and rules for gifted programming as well as the CDE's implementation guidance. In addition we will review the DCSD Gifted Education Calendar, walk you through the DCSD Gifted Education staff website and resources, and provide information about the expectations of serving as the Gifted Education Facilitator.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Misty Burkhart | Jennifer Gottschalk
- Credit(s) and Type: 4 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: August 16, 2023
- Time: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: DCSD Legacy Campus | 10035 S Peoria St, Lone Tree, 80134
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will learn about their new role as the gifted education facilitator along with next steps and making connections with colleagues.