Full course description
- This course will provide opportunities for participants to create a foundational understanding of twice exceptional learners including definitions, cognitive/affective characteristics, identification practices, and social/emotional needs. Participants will explore ways a Multi Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) framework can be used to identify, plan for, and serve learners with multi-exceptionalities. We will analyze and discuss best practices for nurturing learner potential, and create a plan to implement a range of evidence-based strategies to differentiate instruction, content, and assignments for twice exceptional learners.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Kim Bertha | Natasha Straayer | Jenifer Nerwin
- Credit(s) and Type: 7.5 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: February 8, 2023
- Time: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Location: DCSD Legacy Campus | 10035 S Peoria St, Lone Tree, 80134
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will learn about how to identify, plan and serve a student who is twice exceptional. They will walk away with strategies on meeting their unique needs and collaborating as a team.