Full course description
This is the 4 hour refresher class that is taken each school year to sustain your CPI certification. It should only be taken after completing the initial 8 hour course to get your initial certification. This class is mandatory for EA4's and highly recommended for all staff. The class aligns with the district's goal of meeting students where they are and differentiating for students based on their needs. It also teaches staff how to keep themselves and students safe during a crisis. The content of the class is a mixture of information from CPI’s Initial Class booklet, district policies and procedures and behavior basics from the BST. The class comes with a CPI book that participants will taken notes in and answer question in through out the class. There is a post-test at the end of the class that is required by CPI in order for participants to be certified as well as a portion of the class where participants practice the safety techniques and restraints discussed in the course.
Lead Learner (Facilitator): Tanya Anglemyer | Keith Sousa
- Credit(s) and Type: 4 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development |Compliance
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified Admin
Date, Time & Location
- Date: April 4, 2024
- Time: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Location: The Legacy Campus, Rooms 245/247 | 10035 S. Peoria St. Lone Tree, 80134
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Learners can expect to leave with a better understanding of:
- Where behaviors come from and how to meet students' needs and different levels of the escalation cycle.
- District policies and procedures around timeouts and restraints.
- How to keep themselves and others safe in a crisis situation.