Full course description
- So you've got the MindUP curriculum...now what? This easy-to-digest, self-paced course will guide you through the ins and outs of the MindUP curriculum. (NOTE - YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST 1 COPY OF THE BOOK TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE. PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM (Links to an external site.) IF YOU NEED A COPY OF THE BOOK).
- Review brain functioning & stress - why mindfulness?
- The importance of modeling for effective instruction
- Connection to CASEL competencies
- Review & discuss the MindUP curriculum and DCSD resources
- Activities to further explore the curriculum and extension exercises
- Lead Learners (Facilitator): Kimmy Romine, Laurie LaComb and Gina Mead
- Credit(s) and Type: Self Paced 3 Hours Relicensure
- Self Paced
- Start date of course: August 30, 2021
- End date of course: May 31, 2022
- Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified or Classified
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Participants will gain knowledge, support and resources for implementing the MindUP curriculum in PreK-8 classrooms.