Full course description
- This course is designed off the book Dare to Lead by Brene' Brown. Dare to Lead dispels common myths about modern day workplace culture and shows that true leadership requires nothing but vulnerability, values, trust, and resilience. Learners will be asked to read the chapter prior to the scheduled meeting dates listed below. There will be plenty of time for reflection and group discussion. You will be provided a downloadable read along workbook that will assist in deepening your knowledge of the content and will be used as tool to capture your thinking. Participants will be provided the Dare to Lead Book for free. Books will be sent to participants prior to the first session. Please note that this course will run with a minimum of 7 participants and a max of 13.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Jill Savage
- Credit(s) and Type: Up to 10 hours Relicensure
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified and Classified
- Start date of course content: February 1, 2022
- End date of course content: May 28, 2022
- Virtual meeting dates will be held on Feb 8, Feb 22, March 1, March 8, March 22, March 29, April 5, April 12, April 26 and May 3. Sessions will begin at 4:00pm and will end no later than 5pm. Participants will receive the workbook prior to the first meeting on February 8th.
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- The value of vulnerability and how it can make you a better leader.
- Identify your values so you can lead with your authentic self.
- Understanding that being a courageous leader requires self reflection and connection.