Full course description
- This course will cover all the essential process and procedures needed for school 504 coordinators and team members to comply with federal Section 504 Law. This includes timelines, best practice, and a look as some common pitfalls and difficulties. This session will focus on guidance around evaluations, how to determine eligibility, and how to write the 504 Plan.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Jenn Gherardini
- Credit(s) and Type: 1.5 Hours Compliance
- Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
Date, Time, and Location
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will review current DCSD processes and procedures related to section 504.
- Participants will learn how to better evaluate needs related to the disability, determine eligibility, and write targeted 504 Plans.
- Participants with become familiar with common issues and pitfalls.