Full course description
- This cohort is for any staff member in DCSD who wants to bring health and wellness initiatives into the school buildings/programs they serve. Participants will experience creating and implementing a SMART goal plan for their building, for the 2021/22 school year. The focus can be around increasing physical activity, establishing social-emotional learning, mindfulness, student-led health teams, kindness, American Heart Association Heart Challenge, and staff resilience.
- Lead Learners (Facilitators): Lauren LaComb, Kimmy Romine & Gina Mead
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Beginning of course: Plan to attend the Healthy Schools Workshop on September 14th.
- End of Course: 5.16.2021
- 2 hours face-to-face meetings, 8 hours independent work
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- The ability to create and implement a School Health Improvement Plan that has a positive impact on the culture of a building.
- Deeper knowledge about the Whole School, Community, Child model.
- Develop working relationships with colleagues around the district who are working on similar objectives.