Full course description
- The IMTSS Level 2: Thriving course is intended for participants who have either completed the Level 1: Essentials course or who work in schools that operate organized and well-functioning IMTSS teams. This course will present additional screening, data collection, and Tier 2 interventions that can be utilized within an IMTSS framework, and provide an opportunity for participants to apply each of these elements through the creation of an example layered system of supports. The course is open to all school staff who are interested in improving their school’s IMTSS framework and processes.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Jon Smith
- Credit(s) and Type: 2.5 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified or Classified
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: November 3, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Location: Wilcox Building, HWP & Behavior Support Office, Basement level | 620 Wilcox St. Castle Rock, 80104
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Understand how to integrate IMTSS and problem solving team processes to support student engagement and learning; review common Tier 2 supports and obtain a toolbox of interventions that can be applied in the school setting; analyze school wide and individual student data to create an example system of tiered supports that address a specific student outcome.