Full course description
- The Restorative Practices Thriving class is intended for participants that have either taken the Essentials level course or are actively involved and utilizing Restorative Practices throughout their building. This class will focus more in depth on the implementation of Restorative Practices in your classroom and school. You will dive deeper into the notion of fair process, circles, and responsive work after an event where there is perceived harm. You will learn how to help reintegrate students back into your community, allowing for the continued connectedness with one another. This is an active class and we will practice skills together.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Megan Basak | Christopher Saiz
- Credit(s) and Type: 2.5 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Admin/Pro-Tech, Certified Staff, Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified or Classified
Date, Time, and Location
- Date: November 3, 2023
- Time: 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM
- Location: Mesa Middle School, Library | 365 N Mitchell St, Castle Rock, 80104
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Students will have a deeper understanding of about restorative interventions that can be utilized throughout the day with both students and others.
- Students will feel more confident in their ability to navigate restorative conversations in both small and larger contexts.