Full course description
This year's OT SHIP (School Health Improve Plan) is just for your adult social emotional wellness and learning. You will be learning how to relax in healthy ways to reduce stress and feel rejuvenated.
If you are thinking "I can't add one more thing, my cup is running over" then this is for you.
In deep relaxation there is a physical softening of our bodies and a sense of distancing and detachment from our problems and worries. Tension melts away and thoughts surface as air bubbles, escaping from the bottom of a muddy pond. The calmness of the body leads to calmness of the mind. (Nischala Joy Devi)
The art of deep, complete relaxation is one of the safest and most effective ways to attain peace of mind, manage stress, improve sleep, relieve pain, regain/maintain health.
Minimal Commitment (Professional CEU's granted):
- Learn about and participate in relaxation techniques. Meetings will be recorded to attend when it is convenient for you.
- Fill out a quick pre survey (November) and post survey (March).
Receive a relaxation tool of your choice to support your relaxation (Ideas-eye pillow, essential oils, muscle roller, candle, coloring book, book such as-The Healing Path of Yoga Time honored wisdom and scientifically proven methods that alleviate stress, open your heart, and enrich your life.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Susan Phillips
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified or Classified
Date, Time & Location
- Date: 11.16.2020 - 3.28.2020
- Google Meet link: Enroll for details
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Use relaxation techniques to: attain peace of mind, manage stress, improve sleep, relieve pain, regain/maintain health.