Full course description
**This is a blended course with required attendance on April 6 at 4:30 - 7:30 PM at the Lone Tree Library Event Hall and a Google Meet on April 27 at 4:30 - 6:30 PM. Self-paced work will occur between 4/6 and 4/27. **
- This course will allow participants to explore, create, and implement components of academic conversations. Participants will: evaluate their school’s current integration of academic conversations; identify and implement academic conversation protocols and strategies into the classroom; and evaluate the effectiveness of the academic conversations OR create a plan for school level implementation of academic conversation protocols and strategies. This course will meet twice in person with individual work completed between sessions.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Becky Corr
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Re-licensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Note: This course has been designed to count toward the State 45 hours of ELD re-licensure requirement.
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
Date, Time, and Location
- April 6, 2023 4:30 -7:30 PM at Lone Tree Library Event Hall
- 10055 Library Wy, Lone Tree, 80124
- April 27, 2023: 4:30 - 6:30 PM via Google Meet
Self-paced work will occur between 4/6 and 4/27
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will be able to implement protocols that maximize oracy for multilingual learners.
- Participants will implement and reflect on a lesson plan that intentionally incorporates protocols that promote oracy.