Full course description
- Participants will explore collaboration and coteaching through the lens of meeting the needs of English learners. Participants will plan and implement a co-taught virtual lesson, reflect, and consider future collaborative practices.
- This is a co-taught course with specific areas of focus for special education, ELD, and content teachers. Participants will analyze and evaluate co-teaching/planning models in order to create sustainable systems in their school/work environment. Through actively expressing personal preferences and educational beliefs, outlining co-teaching and collaboration expectations, and exploring current research and co-teaching/planning models, participants will collaboratively create a personalized plan with their co-teacher.
- The section, Focus on English Learners, will include specific ELD theory and high yield strategies for English Learners. The section, Focus on Special Education, will include specific high yield strategies for students with IEPs.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Becky Corr,
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Teams: Please contact Becky Corr with any questions
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
- Beginning of course: March 22, 2022
- End of Course: May 6, 2022
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Outcome 1: Participants will be able to describe the co-teaching models and identify instructional benefits.
- Outcome 2: Participants will create a shared vision of co-teaching and collaboration.
- Outcome 3: Participants will co-plan and collaborate to create a lesson.