Full course description
**Due to the collaborative nature of this course, participants must register with a partner or as a team. If you are unable to locate a team at this time, please consider taking this course at a later date.**
**This is a blended course with two 30-minute Google Meets required on 3/2/23 and 5/2/23. Links will be sent at a later date.**
- Participants will explore collaboration and co-teaching through the lens of meeting the needs of English learners. Participants will plan and implement a co-taught virtual lesson, reflect, and consider future collaborative practices. This is a co-taught course with specific areas of focus for special education, ELD, and content teachers. Participants will analyze and evaluate co-teaching/planning models in order to create sustainable systems in their school/work environment. Through actively expressing personal preferences and educational beliefs, outlining co-teaching and collaboration expectations, and exploring current research and co-teaching/planning models, participants will collaboratively create a personalized plan with their co-teacher. The section, Focus on English Learners, will include specific ELD theory and high yield strategies for English Learners.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Becky Corr
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Teams: Please contact Becky Corr with any questions.
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
- Beginning of course: February 28, 2023 with a required Google Meet 4:30-5:00 on 2/28 (link to follow)
- End of Course: May 2, 2023
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Outcome 1: Participants will be able to describe the co-teaching models and identify instructional benefits.
- Outcome 2: Participants will create a shared vision of co-teaching and collaboration.
- Outcome 3: Participants will co-plan and collaborate to create a lesson.