Full course description
- This 5- hour online course is designed to provide educators with important theories and background information related to second language acquisition and utilize this information to increase achievement for all learners-- especially students who are learning English.
- Type of Course: Online, Self Paced or Blended
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Becky Corr
- Credit(s) and Type: 5 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
- Start date of course content: November 16, 2021
- End date of course content: December 7, 2021
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Identify colleagues who can support them in working with ELs
Describe how to use the WIDA Can Do Descriptors to plan instruction
Implement a strategy for teaching ELs at each stage of second language acquisition using the Can- Do Descriptors
English Language Development Professional Development (45 hours)
CDE requires educators with elementary, math, science, social studies and English language arts endorsements to complete Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) Education training or professional development (PD) for relicensure. If you are uncertain if this applies to your license, please contact the CDE.
Please enroll for more details