Full course description
- This is a facilitated self- paced online course.
- What is "culturally responsive instruction"? How will "culturally responsive instruction" positively impact English Learners? What, specifically, does it look like in the classroom, and how should it be embedded in instruction in every lesson every day? How does "culturally responsive instruction" align with Tier 1 (Universal Instruction) of MTSS?
- Teachers will explore the concept of culturally responsive instruction, plan for implementation of rigorous instruction in culturally responsive environments, and share resources and ideas for building capacity for creating culturally responsive environments at the building level.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Becky Corr
- Credit(s) and Type: 5 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development
- Certified Staff
- Certified Substitute Teachers = Yes
- DCSD tudent Teachers = Yes
- Charter school Certified Staff may take the course free of charge
- Beginning of course: September 14, 2021
- End of Course: November 1, 2021
- Online Only
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course):
- Participants will be able to describe the connection between culture and learning.
- Participants will be able to collaborate to plan a lesson that is culturally responsive.