Full course description
- This course focuses on connecting communication, family engagement, and student success for multilingual learners. Participants explore practical tools and strategies for communicating effectively with multilingual families and partnering with them for academic success.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator); Becky Corr
- Credit(s) and Type: 5 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified
- Beginning of course: September 7, 2022
- End of Course: October 7, 2022
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Articulate barriers to engagement of families of English learners
- Identify and be able to use DCSD- specific tools for engaging families
- Describe specific strategies for engaging families of English learners