22-23 School Medicaid Documentation and RMTS & EPCS/EDNS Training for EAIVs and EAVs
Aug 2, 2022 - Jul 31, 2023
Full course description
Welcome to the SCHOOL MEDICAID DOCUMENTATION (ezEdMed): RMTS & EPCS/EDNS Training for EAIVs, EAVs and Health Assistants. In this course you will learn:
- The purpose of the Random Moment Time Study (RMTS) Survey, and
- How to accurately respond to the RMTS Survey emails within the given timeframe
- How to electronically document two different types of health-related services that you provide for students using the ezEdMed website.
- Personal Care Services (EPCS), and
- Delegated Nursing Services (EDNS)
Why is this course important?
DCSD’s Medicaid Reimbursement Program is administered by the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing under the School Health Services Program. This program allows school districts to access Medicaid reimbursement funds for delivering Medicaid-allowable school health services to Medicaid-eligible students on an IEP or other plan of care like a healthcare plan, behavior intervention plan, or 504.
The success of this program is made possible by you and other health-related providers throughout DCSD. In order to receive the most Medicaid reimbursement funds, all health-related providers must ensure that:
- Random Moment Time Study (RMTS) emails are answered accurately and within the given timeframe, and
- Documentation of services is completed electronically using the ezEdMed website.
The more Medicaid reimbursement funds our district receives, the more services and better support we can provide to all students across DCSD. Thank you for your help!
Lead Learner (Facilitator): Nalene Pecore | Stacy Shafar | Debra BigWolf
Credit(s) and Type: 1 Hour Staff Development | Compliance
- EAIVs and EAVs
- Start date of course content: August 1, 2022
- End date of course content: July 31, 2023