Full course description
- This class is intended for anyone interested in better understanding how to have an in depth conversation with a person that has thoughts of suicide. This two day class will provide an in depth understanding of how to engage in this conversation, help the person with thoughts of suicide by helping them to identify reasons to live and then putting a plan in place to keep them safe until they can be connected with community resources. This course will explore personal attitudes toward suicide and provide the opportunity to practice skills in a meaningful and salient manner.
- Lead Learners (Facilitator)s: Aaron Ragon | Kambi Crabb | Beth Collins
- Credit(s) and Type: 16 Hours Relicensure
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified and Classified
Date, Time & Location
- Date: October 28, 2021 | October 29, 2021
- Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Location: Crossroads Community Church | 9900 S Twenty Mile RD, Parker 80134 (Links to an external site.)
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Learners will become familiar with the ASIST intervention and model.
- Learners will leave the training with an advanced understanding of how help a suicidal person.
- Learners will explore and understand how their own beliefs might help or hinder this conversation.