Full course description
- This class is mandatory for EA4's and highly recommended for all staff. Learners can expect to leave with a better understanding of where behavior comes from and the escalation cycle and how to meet student where they are so they don't further escalate a situation. A brief overview of district policies and procedures around timeouts and restraints will be discussed.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Tanya Anglemyer
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development | Compliance
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Yes
- Charter Certified and Classified
Date, Time & Location
- Date: December 6, 2021 | December 7, 2021
- Time: 4:00 - 8:00 PM
- Location: Sagewood Middle School Library | 4725 Fox Sparrow Rd, Parker, CO 80134 (Links to an external site.)
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Staff will have a better understanding of student behavior and to meet students where they are by matching their behavior with the students.
- They will also learn how to keep themselves and students safe during a crisis.