Full course description
Assertiveness and self-confidence are comprised of important interpersonal communications skills and traits that can be learned and practiced. This training will provide you with many tips, techniques, and opportunities to try out your own skills.
- Start date of course content: 1/15/2021
- End date of course content: 2/13/2021
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth -- and the use of positive self-talk
- List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
- Use the STAR model to make your case during a presentation challenge
Any questions please contact Vanessa Hoffman @dcsdk12.org