Trauma Informed Care and Educator Well-Being 4/21 is a Course
Trauma Informed Care and Educator Well-Being 4/21
Ended May 14, 2021
Full course description
- Amidst the many challenges of COVID-19, creating safe and supportive learning environments for teaching and learning continues to be a top priority. Kaiser Permanente Thriving Schools have helped with new resources that support the well-being and collective care for K-12 educators and school staff at the individual, group, and organizational level. Introducing Ready, Set RISE! — a new series of e-learning modules offered as part of our Resilience in School Environments (RISE) initiative.
Developed in partnership with Discovery Education and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Ready, Set, RISE! inspires transformational learning experiences for students and educators by reinforcing the foundational importance of human connection and empathy in schools.
This is the first module available:
Trauma Informed Care and Educator Well-Being
Target Audience & Credit
- Staff Development and Relicensure
- Start Date: 4/20/2021
- End Date for credit: 5/14/2021
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Recognize and explain the prevalence and impact of toxic stress on the brain and body.
- Describe what trauma-informed care is and apply the principles in order to enhance their own holistic well-being.
- Summarize the key elements of the HEARTS framework as a way to understand how trauma-informed practices can impact educator well-being.
Any questions please contact Vanessa Hoffman at email@example.com