Full course description
- Our goal is for Arrowwood Staff to move from an overall interest in our PLC work to a commitment. We will strive to change student outcomes by changes in teacher practice based off results. Learners can expect to establish an annual SMART goal and a series of short term goals with their collaborative teams based on their students. They will create specific action plans to achieve those goals, clarify the evidence that they will gather to assess their progress, and work interdependently to achieve the goal. The focus on tangible evidence of the results rooted in the 4 questions will guide the work of teams and is critical to the continuous improvement of Arrowwood. We will recognize and celebrate the efforts to achieve our goals and sustain our PLC process at Arrowwood.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Chrystal Wood | Sarah Jane Harvey
- Credit(s) and Type: 36 Hours Relicensure
- AWE Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
Dates and Location
- Dates: August 17, 2022 - May 17, 2023
- August 17, 24, and 31
- September 7, 14, 21, and 28
- October 5, 12, and 26
- November 2, 9, 16, and 30
- December 7, 14, and 21
- January 11, 18, and 25
- February 1, 8, 15, and 22
- March 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29
- April 5, 12, 19, and 26
- May 3, 10, and 17
- Location: Arrowwood Elementary Mobile
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Learners can expect to walk away with a deeper connection to our PLC work coupled with the why and how.
- Learners will progress on the continuum of using our school goals to drive team goals in how they relate to our PLC work.