Full course description
- Here we will learn foundational information and develop skills to be a competent communication partner for students who use AAC.
- Type of Course: In-person & online
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Lauren Johnson, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Credit(s) and Type: Jennifer Schimek, M.S.Ed.
- BCE special service providers, EA's and teachers
- Start date of course content: 11/08/2021
- End date of course content: 05/23/2022
- In Person or Virtual meeting dates: TBD
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Foundational knowledge of AAC and its importance for supporting communication with nonverbal students.
- Knowledge and skills with regard to implementation and use of AAC with nonverbal students.
- Application of skills when working with AAC users.