Full course description
- This course is meant for BCE teachers and staff who are interested in learning about collaborative problem-solving approaches when working with students who have challenging behaviors.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Christopher Hughes
- Credit(s) and Type: 4 Hours Relicensure | Staff Development
- Certified Staff
- Classified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Yes
- Open to Student Teachers = Yes
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: January 27, February 10, February 24, March 3, and March 10, 2022
- Time: 4:00 - 4:45PM
- Location: Bear Canyon Elementary - Bear Cabin
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will understand the philosophy that "children do well if they can" and the reasoning for why this philosophy is used at BCE.
- Participants will understand how to understand and use forms that identify lagging skills as well as identify unsolved problems
- Participants will understand practical strategies for how to implement Plan B or Plan A with students or whole classrooms.