22-23 CRMS Mentor Program is a Course
22-23 CRMS Mentor Program
Ended May 19, 2023
Full course description
Why a mentorship program?
New staff members need scaffolded support from a variety of sources as they navigate their first year in a new building or new career. Some of the specific supports a mentor can provide include:
- Encouraging them in solving problems
- Providing a safe space when they need to vent or discuss struggles
- Collaborating when they need help
- Listening when they need to think through something
- Celebrating successes
- Navigating school culture and norms
- Helping them know who to go to in the building for specific help
Details of the program:
- Mentors/mentees should connect at least twice a month. Meetings can be as structured or informal as you choose, during the school day, before or after school, or any other time that works for you.
- Keep a record of meetings using the doc attached to your star below. Records can be brief, but they should contain all of the elements indicated in the template.