Full course description
- Intended audience: ELD and Language Arts teachers who will co-teach at CRMS in 2022-2023. Participants will observe collaboration and co-teaching through the lens of meeting the needs of English learners. Participants will reflect on the co-taught lessons that they observe and consider future collaborative practices. Participants will analyze and evaluate co-teaching/planning models in order to create sustainable systems in their school/work environment, with an eye towards implementation at CRMS in 2022-2023.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Sam Teres
- Credit(s) and Type: 8 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Certified Staff
- Open to Substitute Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Student Teachers = Not at this time
- Open to Charter School Staff = Not at this time
Date, Time & Location
- Date: April 19, 2022
- Time: 7:00AM - 3:00PM
- Location: Castle Rock Middle School - Parking Lot
Here are the outcomes for the course:
- Participants will be able to observe and reflect on various co-teaching models and identify instructional benefits.
- Participants will discuss and create a plan for how collaboration/co-teaching can be implemented.
- Participants will create a plan for coaching/mentoring follow up to this course.