Full course description
- Participants will examine the WIDA Guiding Principles and how they frame ELD programming and approaches to teaching multilingual learners in DCSD. Participants will read the assigned book and engage in discussions about the reading as it relates to English learners.
- Lead Learner (Facilitator): Marci Boatwright
- Credit(s) and Type: 10 Hours Relicensure | English Language Development (ELD)
- Standards Addressed: 5.12(1); 5.12(2); 5.15(1); 5.15(2)
- CHS Staff members
- Date to complete course: September 30, 2022
- The course is a blended learning course.
- Read and reflect throughout the Summer (2022) (note catcher)
- Meet to set a goal July 28, 2022 @ noon (virtual or in person)
- Meet for final sharing September 23, 2022
Here are the outcomes for the course (what participants will walk away with from the course).
- Participants will understand Guiding Principles and how they frame ELD programming and approaches to teaching multilingual learners in DCSD.
- Participants will create a plan for modifying their practice as a result of learning from the text.
- A goal and action plan will be shared at our July meeting